The entire recipe is only 5 grams of carbs. On top of that, it takes less than 10 minutes to prep and cook.
Ingredients for the filling (1 serving)
- 1/3 c shredded pork or chicken
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 1 whole chopped scallion
Ingredients for the bao dough (1 serving)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c milled flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sweetener
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients for the filling in a small bowl. Form the resulting mixture into a small patty and set aside.
- Add the sesame oil to a rounded, microwavable bowl and swirl it around until the bottom is covered. Crack the egg into the bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients. Mix all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the batter. Place the rest of the bowl into the microwave and cook for 20 seconds, or until sightly risen. After 20 seconds, place the filling patty into the middle of the flax, and push down slightly. Pour the reserved 2 tablespoons of batter on top, making sure the entire patty is covered. Cook for 60 seconds, or until the top is no longer wet.
- Let the bowl cool for a minute, and then invert it onto a plate. Garnish with more scallions and enjoy!
Nutritional Info (for the entire Pork bun recipe)
Calories: 425 calories
Total fat: 28 grams
Total carbs: 13 grams
Dietary fiber: 8 grams
Net carbs (entire recipe): 5 grams
Protein: 35 grams